Thursday, August 4, 2011

I TOLD YOU!!!

Just yesterday, I told you how my youngest was on the road to being THAT kid. 

Today, she proved my point.


Today, my Mother took my 9 year old and my 5 year old to the dollar store so they could buy birthday gifts for their Dad. Prior to that, my 9 year old was lacing teeny tiny little beads on embroidery floss.  They were part of either a Christmas or birthday gift that I swore if I saw any part of on the floor, all of it would immediately finds it way in the garbage.  Apparently, she forgot that memo.  While they were gone, Libby crawled off to play in the kids bedroom. Normally, this is a very safe area and a special time for me to catch up my insane to-do list

After a moment of complete silence, I flashed back to my blog entry and had a sudden panic attack.  That gut instinct was spot on.  As I entered the room, there she sat, smack dab in the middle of all her sisters teeny tiny little beads.  She had some in her hands, some in her lap, and more in a trail from her sisters bed, down to the floor and all around her.  I quickly got them away from her as she just as quickly snagged them from around her in protest.  She didn't attempt to put any in her mouth while I was in there.   I checked her mouth.  Nothing.  I wasn't going to take any chances. 

After finding each and every little freakin' bead and all her other insanely tiny bracelet kit contents, I grabbed my phone and call the advice nurse.  Was she was having difficulty breathing?  No.  Was she in any signs of pain? No. Where the bigger or smaller than a pea?  Smaller. What were the made of?  Plastic.  Were they hard or squish-able?  Hard.  Were any made of wood or glass?  No.  Did I actually see her eat any or find any in her mouth?   No.  Then she referred to the doc on call.   Doc said what I suspected.  Chances are very high, they will pass just fine.  However, she shows any signs of pain or unusual lethargy, either call again, or just come in.  Fine by me.  As long as I don't have to go in and get Ms. Punky's stomach pumped.  That would just be a shining moment in her baby book!  *sigh*

I wish I could say that was the only insane moment in my day, but it wasn't.  After the kids got back (and after I chewed out my daughter and made her through the bead crap away), they wanted a snack.  We keep some of our snack items up in my grandmother's very old hutch.  After grabbing crackers, my son struggled to shut the hutch's heavy glass cabinet door and pushed on it extra hard. And. It. Broke!  (he also broke a toy and a bedroom door that way!)  I wasn't in the room at the time, so when he came to tell me this, I about passed out thinking there was very heavy ... expensive... sharp... irreplaceable... wavered glass all over my dining room floor.  Luckily, (because it could have killed him if it had hit him) it was sandwiched in side the hutch.  A sudden wave of relief and furious rage went over me.  I wanted to hug him and smack him at the same time.  Fortunately, I took a second and a great big deep breath.   Upon further investigation, it seems he cracked the inner wooden frame that was keeping it in place.  Luckily, I was able to take the clip that was keeping it in place and screw it into a different place in the frame.  In fact, it's more stable than it ever has been. 

So today, all 3 of my children tempted fate.  Luckily, they are all alive.  Although, one lost her annoying little bracelet kit, one is grounded for at least a day, and the 3rd... well, she just helped me prove my point that she is indeed one of THOSE kids. And right now, all 3 of them are playing together nicely.  Soooo sweet!    I love all 3 of them.  They keep life interesting and keep me on my toes.  ;0)




Libby the Punky Princess.  What you don't see, is that bookshelf
is on a box a foot and a half off the ground!  Help. Me.


No comments: