Sunday, July 1, 2012

COOKIES!!!!

Everyone loves cookies.  I have never met a person who hated cookies.  However, at the same time, not all cookies are loved (or liked) by everyone.  There are some cookies out there that melt in your mouth and leave behind a certain euforia that compells you to stuff a million more in your face in the hopes of relieving it.  There are other cookies out there that leave something behind not so desirable that compells you to find a tounge scrapper and a toothbrush!  When trying new cookies for the first time, I am hoping it's the first kind, praying it's not the second kind, but pretty sure it will land somewhere in between.


Why am I all about the cookies today?  You guessed it.  Another review.  But an ultra yummy one!  Check this yummy package out!


Doesn't that look inviting?!? A little decieving though. It says "cookies". Ya, there's only one. However... it is one heck of a cookie!!


So yummy looking.  Thick and loaded with raisins!

Just like the commercials imply, they are very tempting!  What commercial?  Oh come on!  You know the one.  Two neighbors chatting over their common hedge.   One has a fat cookie in her hand.  The other one pretends to listen as she eyeballs the cookie.  Then she dives in and takes a big ass bite of it.   Ya, that one.   Looking at this cookie, I might do the same.  That tempting.

Here's the info it:

Quaker Soft Baked Cookie (MSRP: $2.69 for a box of 6)
"Enjoy Quaker's chewy, soft-baked cookie in a family-favorite flavor! With wholesome Quaker Oats, you'll never remember they came from their kitchen instead of your own!"


Are they as good as they look?  Well, yes and no.  They are yummy.  No doubts there.  However, they are a bit dry.  Not in a hard-dried-out-cookie kind of way, but in more of a rich-thick-need-a-glass-of-milk-RIGHT-NOW! kind of way.  But, they are good.  The neighbor's look of "this is oh so yummy" is accurate, but I think they cut away before it quickly became a "Got Milk" commercial!  Might be from all the fiber they are packed with (4g to be exact!)

Now, to be quite honest.  If I were out on a road trip with the family and saw this package at a gas station, I would so grab it.  And while the taste would not be disappointing, I would be ticked that I had to share it with all 3 kids (and possily my hubby).  Then, after we would have defused the "I wanted a cookie too" issue, we would have had to stop, turn around, and go back to get milk.  However, if I saw the box of 6 individually wrapped ones in the store for $2.69, I would definitely go for it and would be sure to get a gallon of milk to chase it down with.   

I am giving it 4 out of 5 on KidLit's rating scale.  




THIS IS NOT A PAID REVIEW ALTHOUGH I DID RECIEVE THE ITEM FOR FREE IN EXCHANGE FOR MY OPINION. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. THANKS FOR READING IT HOPE YOU FOUND IT INFORMATIVE. :0)

P.S. Yes.  My spell check is still broken. 

No comments: