Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Got My First $5!!!

I just got my first $5 PayPal from SwagBucks! Yippeeeee!


About a month ago, I saw this ad for SwagBucks. It was promoted as being similar to MyPoints. Intrigued, I had to try it.

Wait. You don't know what MyPoints is? (Not "are". "is." I know. sounds odd. It's ok. I cringed too. Let's move on.)

I love MyPoints! I click on emails for 5 points each and after about 6 months, I get enough for a $25 Starbucks card!! (and I loves me some coffee) Ya, it takes quite some time and its only for gift cards, but hey, it's free and it's not hard. Right up my alley. ;0) Although, you can speed that time up by filling out surveys, signing up for trial offers (and get freebies for doing so, along with your points), making purchases, etc. And it's not just for Starbucks. They have over 75 different merchants to chose from including: Target, Walmart, JC Penney's, Applebee's, Hyatt, iTunes, Outback, Old Navy, Saks 5th Ave, Shell, William Sonoma, and many more gas cards, hotel cards, retail cards, restaurant cards, even frequent flyer miles and (newly added) Visa debit cards you can use on anything you want!

I know I sound like a commercial or badly worded ad. And in a way, I guess I am. But I also want to express how much I trust this site. I've been a member well over 10 years and have earned hundreds of dollars in gift cards and prizes. (from back when they did prizes)

Now... on to the reason I'm blogging twice in one day. SwagBucks! It is more search engine based and instead of "points" you get "bucks." Just like with MyPoints, you exchange your accumulated "bucks" for prizes and gift cards. Unlike MyPoints, you can redeem your virtual stash for money via PayPal! (If you don't know what PayPal is, google it... better yet, swag it on the search box to the right of this blog. Explaining it would derail my train of thought again and I'll never get to my intended destination.)



Like I said, (about a mile back up the page) I've been with SwagBucks for about a month now. About a week ago, I had enough to cash in for $5 PayPal and it came today! Now, to be fair, it may have taken a month, but most of that time, I was gone or busy doing other things. So normally, it would take a lot less time to earn. In fact, I am about half way to cashing in for my next $5 PayPal. Not enough to quit my day job (if I infact had one), but a great little savings to apply towards extra goodies here and there, Christmas items, or whatever. ;0)

If you decide to join me in the fun, please do so through my links above, the banner below or put kidlit as your referal when you sign up. That way I get a little closer to my next prize a little quicker. Thanks! ;0)

Search & Win

No comments: