It is alarmingly easy to hop on and list a million things that drive me absolutely batty when it comes to my kids and every aspect of raising them. Coming up with a million things I love about motherhood? Not so easy. Doesn't mean there aren't any. Just means they aren't in the forefront of my mind most of the time. Great things DO happen. It's just hard to focus on those times when one angel is strangling the other, or the you hear a gigantic crash followed by "Ooopsy" coming from the kitchen. For that reason, I decided to sit down and write out a list of wonderful loving, fabulously gratifying, pride instilling moments to focus on the next time I hear the smoke alarm go off at 6 am on a "Sleep in Saturday." I hope you can find some that relate to and use. Better yet, I hope you are inspired to do the same and come up with a list of your own. Be sure to print it and post it where you can see it. Never know. It just might save a life some day. You're welcome. ;0)
l0 Motherhood Loving Moments:
1. When I catch my 9 year old daughter teaching her 6 year old brother math facts ... for fun!
2. Almost strangulating neck hugs from my 18 month old.
3. The time I jokingly told my baby girl to go get my phone from the livingroom and bring it to me. And. She. Did!
4. My big girl can do the dishes! Which means I don't HAVE TO!!!
5. Anytime my kids remember to use their manners.
6. Hearing peels of laughter coming from the back bedroom and realizing that all 3 of them are in there happily playing with each other.
7. My son's overwhelming desire to protect his baby sister. Even if it means standing up to his big sister!
8. Watching my eldest 2 get excited when the baby learns something new.
9. My kids think "Stupid", "Shut up", and "Hate" are bad words. Bwahahahahaaaa!
10. Receiving "I love Mommy" art. Or, better yet, hearing "Mommy, I love you."